Join Our Team
POSITION: Senior Meetings and Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Event Operations Director
STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSABILITIES: Responsible for assisting the Meetings and Events Manager(s) in developing and managing client programs, managing program registration, and assisting meeting and event participants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Registration Management (requires thorough knowledge of the event or program) including building registration websites, maintaining updates and providing customer service, reporting as needed to client and program lead and generating any participant emails or other communication, coordinating registration and hospitality desk coverage.
- Rooming List Management including ensuring accurate lists are provided to hotel and managing upgrades, early check-ins, etc. ensure rooms are pre-keyed, room checks performed, managing room drops, etc. as needed.
- Vendor Sourcing (ex. Speakers, band, décor, participant gifts, etc.) preparing recommendations; making purchases, communicating instructions and on-site vendor management; processing unused supply returns; follows expense and receipts processes.
- Shipping Management (requires and understanding of timelines and hotel shipping procedures) including maintaining an updated manifest, following tracking numbers, escalating missing items, providing information to hotels, etc.
- Event Supplies Management including preparing list of supplies needed for program, ensuring items are in working order, tested and charged and safely packed, arranging supplies upon arrival.
- Transportation Manifest Management including acting as point of contact for transportation details throughout program and communicating with client or speakers to obtain flight information for transfers, researching pick-up times for returns based on destination (domestic versus international)
- Print Materials Management including creating initial print list, managing changes, proofing, delivery to site, etc.
- Event Technology Management including creating an event app with direction from client, event leads, social media campaigns and onsite technology required to execute event registration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- College Degree in a relevant discipline plus one or more years in an event-related position at an events or marketing company or hotel/hospitality experience.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the basics of event and meeting management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of exemplary customer service practices, empathy and effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Cvent Flex and other registration platforms.
- Experience with virtual / hybrid meetings as well as knowledge of multiple virtual technology platforms.
- Performs work in a detail-oriented and accurate manner with initiative and follow-through with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced environment through time management and organization
- Demonstrates good technical skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and the ability to learn basic website development utilizing the Cvent or similar platform and other programs routinely used within Etherio Group.
- Demonstrates good analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to act effectively and quickly with little or ambiguous information.
- Acts as a team player and helps to ensure the success of co-workers.